I RISE By: Sandria Wilkes, Chicago, IL Poetry Writer


I RISE
By:  Sandria Wilkes, Chicago, IL  Poetry Writer


Setting Sun

As I look out at the morning rise, I can’t help but see the sun divine.  Moving so gently across the sky with light so radiant with streaks of rays, all I can do is remember the days that feels like so long ago but somehow the overflow of forgotten memories are at my door.  Who is this and what could this be?  I stop, wait and answer myself “YOUR DESTINY”.  How did you get here? I was on my way out.  My destiny answered “out you can go, hoping to rise no more, but if you follow my lead you will be glad indeed”. 

I stopped in my tracks when I heard that.  Looking down with a frown I felt so confused.  Memories of the pain and past abuse.  Get up, Get up, Get up and go! No you will not hold me down no more.  My dream is here.  My destiny is near.  Like a moth to a flame, I’m inspired to move.  The mountain is steep so far up I go. I’m so glad I’ve entered this door.  For tomorrow is not promised; not even today so start your journey and raise the bar.  

You are your light either near or far.  Purpose starts from within and knowledge is key.  Destiny waits for no one, so just let it be.  Get out of your way and let purpose inside because once you meet up with destiny you can’t run and hide.  Shine, Shine, Shine with the sun as your guide.  Your star power is here and you have developed your stride.  Rise from the ashes.  Break shackles that bound.  Pick up your trophy and receive your crown.  Your time has arrived with no disguise.  Say with a loud voice “BUT STILL I RISE!”

Comments

  1. i love it ....its deep and very postive you can do anything the sky is the limit..tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME...U ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts